Get MaskCheck Kiosk
Vaccinated or not, wearing a mask is more important than ever. MaskCheck Kiosk is the complete low-impact solution to keep your business or office safer by automatically and autonomously encouraging and monitoring indoor mask usage.
With the rise of the Delta Variant, wearing a mask in public spaces is again one of the most effective tools in preventing transmission of COVID-19. The reinstatement of mask mandates often places the responsibility on individual businesses and/or office employees to enforce mask policies.
We designed MaskCheck Kiosk to make it safer and easier to encourage compliance automatically and anonymously. The Kiosks can be installed in minutes anywhere indoors, and replace most human involvement to encourage and assess face mask compliance. Our custom kiosks are powered by the MaskCheck™ platform from RealNetworks® to help communities stay open and operate safely.
Not ready for a Kiosk yet? You can immediately start using the MaskCheck platform by downloading the MaskCheck App to your iOS and Android devices.
What is MaskCheck?
MaskCheck powered by SAFR® from RealNetworks is a free face mask compliance app, service and data platform, available for iOS and Android devices.
- Encourages proper wearing of face masks in public spaces
- Provides a safer environment for staff and customers
- Helps gather real-time, accurate behavioral face mask compliance data
- Provides statistics to policy makers and public health departments to make data-informed decisions to re-open safely
Detects presence or absence of a face mask
Results in less than 1 second
Detects if a mask is worn improperly
Supports custom audio and visual responses
Send SMS alerts to an admin when an unmasked face is detected
No face recognition
MaskCheck is composed of:
The free, easy to install app uses artificial intelligence to assess face mask compliance, encourages proper usage, and reports aggregated and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) based mask compliance data. It detects faces as people walk past the tablet’s camera, and determines if they are wearing a mask (properly) or not. It provides visual feedback to encourage compliance. No interaction is required, and no images or PII are collected or saved.
A public health data repository service
The back-end infrastructure aggregates anonymous data submitted by a growing network of MaskCheck enabled devices and/or closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems. The data includes compliance based on geographic location, classification of location, and non PII-based demographic information.
A visualization map and data platform
The frequently updated mask compliance data feed can be used by any and all concerned parties under a free creative commons license, accessed via APIs by anyone in the world. This dynamic dataset is also visually represented via live dashboards in our MaskCheck Map at: https://safr.real.com/maskmap. Its content will continue to grow in tandem with MaskCheck deployment.
What data is collected by MaskCheck?
- Date, time and location
- Total number of persons detected
- Number of persons detected wearing a mask
- Number of persons detected wearing a mask properly
- Number of persons detected without a mask
- Estimated age (user option)
- Estimated gender (user option)
- Image (user option, off by default)
- MaskCheck does NOT collect facial images or PII data
How MaskCheck works
MaskCheck determines if a person is wearing a mask when they enter a business or other public space.
- Download the free MaskCheck app
- Create a free MaskCheck account
- Choose audio and visual responses, and name the device location
- Set up your MaskCheck-enabled device* at your desired location and begin screening.
- Make sure to position your device at any location where people will pass one at a time
When a person steps in front of the screen, MaskCheck determines if they are wearing an appropriate protective face covering, and a visual — and optional audio — response will be triggered:
“Thanks for wearing a mask, come on in!”
“Please put on a face mask, we require masks to enter.”
*Detailed instructions can be found in the Setup Guide.